AHLA's Employer of Choice, 9 years running.
Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre.
We are currently seeking full-time permanent First Cook, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays. The salary for this position is based on experience.
- Term bonus up to $1040.
- Staff accommodation from $6.50 per day.
- Discount on hotel rooms and on food and drinks in our 2 in-house restaurants.
- Staff Cafeteria offering meals for $2.37.
- Health benefits available after 6 months of employment.
- Opportunities to grow your career.
- Use of corporate Canoe pass at Banff Canoe Club.
- Ski Pass subsidy, receive a return of up to $350.
- Monthly staff socials.
- Refer a friend and receive up to $300.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Act as a role model to junior staff members by maintaining a professional work ethic and displaying sound cooking skills
- Ensuring that food is properly stored and handled at all times
- Ensuring that the quality and quantity of food prepared meets hotel standards
- Managing a clean, sanitized work station during and at the end of shift
- Ensuring that food waste and spoilage are kept to a minimum
· Must be legally allowed to work in Canada
· Aspiring to become an apprentice
· One year of experience in a kitchen required, hotel restaurant cooking is an asset
· Prepares high quality food and follows superior sanitation standards
· Is physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy items and standing for long periods of time
· Is a team player, able to work in close conditions with several other people