Conveniently located downtown Banff, Terrace Lounge is the perfect spot to enjoy the "best cocktails in Banff" - Tripadvisor, April 2022
We are currently seeking a full-time, experienced Bartender; this role will also include serving shifts. You will be required to work afternoon shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Term bonus up to $1050.
- Staff accommodation from $6.50 per day.
- Discount on hotel rooms and on food and drinks in our 2 in-house restaurants.
- Staff Cafeteria offering meals for $2.37.
- Health benefits available after 6 months of employment.
- Use of corporate Canoe pass at Banff Canoe Club.
- Ski Pass subsidy, receive a return of up to $350.
- Monthly staff socials.
- Refer a friend and receive up to $300.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to provide memorable dining experiences, exceeding our guests’ expectations
- To have full knowledge of all food and beverage menus in the Terrace Lounge and La Terrazza restaurant.
- Assist guests regarding all beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines
- Serve, clear and re-set tables in a timely manner and assist with in room dining orders
- Maintain a clean and well stocked environment for our guests
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the restaurant policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure effective working relationships and clear communication with all colleagues and leaders in the restaurant and other departments
- Utilize the environmental mission statement as a guideline for all operations
- Constant walking and standing throughout shift; occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs; frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Previous Fine Dining Food & Beverage experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale System preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player
- Proficient in the English language, second language is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours