Designed to meet the needs of multiple events, Nova Scotia's Halifax Convention Centre offers over 120,000 square feet of flexible event space in the heart of downtown. The Halifax Convention Centre is part of the Nova Centre, a million-square-foot, mixed-use development that includes a hotel, office towers, and retail space. It is the largest integrated development project in the province's history.
The Halifax Convention Centre, managed by Events East Group, is now inviting applications for the position of Catering Server with our Food and Beverage team.
The F&B Server will provide support for various tasks including serving, beverage service, assisting with breaks, set-up, tear down and various other event related duties.
- Have a great attitude and a willingness to work in a fast paced and exciting industry.
- Work with team mates to perform room setups and teardowns.
- Follow departmental standards, job procedures, and equipment operation protocols to ensure the safety of oneself, team members, and clients.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry approximately 50lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible scheduled hours, including days, nights, weekend, and holidays.
- Some POS knowledge is considered an asset
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 preferred, other education and experience will be considered.
- Basic math skills required; computer skills preferred.
- Customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrate understanding of and sensitivity to the diversity of patrons and staff.
- High comfort level working in large crowds of people, strangers, and challenging social interactions
This is a bargaining unit position represented by Unifor Local 4005. All internal candidates have been considered, and we now encourage external applicants to apply.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to email@example.com with Catering Server in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com