Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position Guest Experience Associates.
These positions work primarily at the Halifax Convention Centre during daytime hours (including early mornings) and is a full time position (approximately 32 - 40 hours a week based on event activity).
Opportunity also exists for those with flexibility to work various shifts such as daytime, evenings, weekday, and weekends at both venues.
- Associates are responsible for maintaining a high level of engagement with clients, guest and visitors at Halifax Convention Centre and Scotiabank Centre.
- Responds to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner with a focus on delivering a premium experience for our most important clients.
- Provides wayfinding information to guests and the public and provides tourism highlights and recommendations for our city and the province of Nova Scotia.
- Monitors compliance to current venue policies and monitors guest activity for safety and soft security considerations.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 preferred
- Customer Service experience is considered an asset.
- High comfort level working in large crowds, engaging with different types of clients, guests, VIPs, and the ability to handle challenging social interactions.
- High comfort level using technology daily for various tasks such as running reports, utilizing email, updating spreadsheets, using Microsoft Teams, providing mobile ticketing support as required, etc.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, busy environment with variable conditions including, noise, heights, and dark/dim lighting.
- Ability to work long periods of standing/walking, repeatedly climb stairs, and move throughout the venue.
- May be required to work long shifts 10 - 12 hours.
- Required to move and work throughout two facilities and cover a large footprint of event space
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Guest Experience Associates in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com