At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of Guest Experience Supervisor.
Reporting to the Guest Experience Manager (GEM), the Guest Experience Supervisor (GES) is a key support role for the GEM, overseeing the day-to-day delivery of guest services activities to ensure the successful delivery of programs and related policies and procedures. This role is highly administrative, supporting scheduling and payroll, recruitment, ongoing training, and other administrative duties. In addition, this role includes on-site supervision during events and in-the-moment performance management and coaching to ensure that operational standards are met by the Guest Experience Teams during event execution.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience; previous experience supervising a team.
• Strong administrative and communication skills, both verbally and written.
• High comfort level working in large crowds, engaging with different types of clients, guests, VIPs, and the ability to handle challenging social interactions.
• High comfort level using technology daily for various tasks such as running reports, utilizing email, updating spreadsheets, using Microsoft Teams, providing mobile ticketing support as required, etc.
• Strong memory for event details and general event information.
• Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to the diversity of patrons and staff.
• Ability to work a varied schedule including early mornings, late evenings, holidays, and weekdays.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work independently with limited supervision.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum three (3) year relevant experience in a similar role (supervision and team leadership).
• Completion of high school education or equivalent.
• Fluent knowledge of computer skills (Word, Excel).
• Ability to operate office equipment (copier, email, telephone/mobile device).
• Able to manage multiple tasks and work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, busy environment with variable conditions including, noise, heights, and dark/dim lighting.
• Ability to work long periods of standing/walking, repeatedly climbing stairs, and moving throughout the venue.
• May be required to work long shifts 10 - 12 hours.
• Required to move and work throughout two facilities and cover a large footprint of event space
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume via Career Beacon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please note, that the first round of interviews is tentatively scheduled for the week of September 19th & 26th respectively. The posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com