At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of SECURITY GUARD.
The Security Guard plays an integral role in supporting the successful delivery of events at both the Halifax Convention Centre and the Scotiabank Centre. This role ensures a safe and secure
environment at both properties while also delivering a memorable guest experience.
The Event Security team helps to ensure a balance between providing event accessibility while also ensuring the safety of all clients and staff. To that end, the Security Guard is responsible for all aspects of security services including patrolling, stationary monitoring, and reading/operating software products including access management platforms and event management systems.
- Exceptional customer service skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Proven ability to act decisively in challenging or stressful situations and to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours supporting events including evenings and overnights as well as weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work long shifts (10-12 hours) with extended periods of standing/walking.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, telephone) and ability read and write fluently in English.
- Clean security record.
- Minimum 19 years of age.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a security (or related) role required.
- Grade 12 preferred.
Job Specific/Technical Knowledge:
- Familiarity with access control software including the Tyco/Kantech security platform considered an asset.
- Emergency or standard first aid training considered an asset.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Online via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com