At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of SECURITY GUARD (SHIFT LEAD).
The primary role is a Security Guard with Shift Lead* responsibilities based on event activity. This position reports to the Security Department Supervisor. The Security Guard (Shift Lead) supports Events East Group by ensuring efficient and effective delivery of security-related operations at both Halifax Convention Centre and Scotiabank Centre.
*When acting as a Shift Lead the Security Guard is primarily responsible to oversee on-shift security operations, ensuring the safety of employees, guests, and property, with a focus on event-related security requirements. Also, when in the Shift Lead role, the incumbent also supports the Security Department Supervisor with administrative and organizational tasks, as required.
Security Guards (Shift Leads) must be able to work various shifts such as daytime, evenings, weekday, and weekends at both venues.
Skills & Abilities
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors.
- Have a customer service-centric approach and a collaborative mindset.
- Act decisively in challenging or stressful situations; problem-solve in the moment.
- Carefully follow instruction (written and oral); speak and write effectively, providing clear direction.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and self-manage timelines and deadlines.
- Possess keen attention to detail; ability to clearly recall specifics.
- Achieve and maintain first-aid certification at MFR level.
- Treat security matters in a responsible and confidential manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours supporting events including evenings and overnights as well as weekends and holidays.
- Minimum 19 years of age required.
- Familiarity with access control software including the Tyco/Kantech security platform considered an asset.
Education & Experience
- Completion of high school or equivalent; completion of post-secondary education preferred with focus in security-related area.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant, security-related role.
- Clean criminal/safety record required.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with variable conditions including, noise, heights, and dark/dim lighting.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time, repeatedly climb stairs, and move quickly throughout the venue(s).
- May be required to work long shifts (10 - 12 hours).
- Required to move and work throughout two facilities and cover a large footprint of event space.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected
TO APPLY: Online via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com