Distribution Team Leader Career Opportunity
Ashley HomeStore is currently seeking a Distribution Team Leader for our WinnipegDistribution Centre located at 230 Panet Road.
As a Distribution Team Leader you will be responsible for leading a distribution team to ensure the effective and efficient loading and unloading of product, and placement of product in the racking, in order to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
As a Distribution Team Leader, you will:
- Encourage team productivity while leading by example to achieve distribution performance goals
- Administer warehouse product including proper handling and movement of damaged merchandise
- Enforce warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees
- Support and participate in the company’s training initiatives including Job Specific Training procedures
- Ensure clear communication with warehouse, store and corporate staff
- Assist in completion of departmental initiatives delegating and assigning tasks to merchandise handlers
- Understand, follow and ensure compliance with all safe work practices and rules
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High School Diploma preferred
- Physically able to lift and move furniture objects up to 100lbs
- Demonstrated ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Lift truck certified or able to successfully complete company certified training
- Able to lead others in prioritizing and juggling multiple tasks and workload
- Able to conduct physical work in hot and cold environments
- Flexible schedule requirements including evenings and weekends
- Able to operate various equipment (dock levellers, hand trucks, cardboard baler, garbage baler, lift trucks).
Plan Your Future With Us!
Ashley HomeStore welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.