Our client is one of North America’s leading suppliers of high quality steel, working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction companies to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products. Founded in 1912, our client is world-wide and operates in 60 countries. This position is based out of the Hamilton flagship site at the western end of Lake Ontario on the St. Lawrence Seaway.
We are looking for a professional security guard to protect our premises, assets and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises.
What you will be doing:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Observing for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- Protecting company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Are you qualified?
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Clean Criminal Record
- Valid Security License
- Valid CPR Level 3 Card
- Certification or diploma in security or related field is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity and professionalism
- Valid G class driver license, clean record
- High school diploma
- Self-motivated, results driven and a team player
Physical demands and working conditions
- Starting hourly rate of $18/hr at Level 1
- Monday-Friday 5am-1pm, or 1pm-9pm
Must have steel toed boots
- Uniform will be provided If you think you have what it takes to deliver on this opportunity, apply in confidence by sending your resume to us!
- Job Type: Full-time Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Job Type: Full-time