SALES REPRESENTATIVE- Commodity Trader
Taiga Building Products, Langley branch has a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT opening for experienced Sales Representatives – Commodity Trader.
As a key member of sales team, the Commodity Trader reports to Branch Manager for maximizing sales of commodity and inventory management within assigned service area.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 40 year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers.
- MUST - Minimum 5 years commodity trading experience
- MUST – Post secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- PREFERRED – Lumber industry experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Team player, individual go-getter
- Proven record delivering superior customer service and satisfaction
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Able to meet and exceed sales targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and polished in appearance
- Maintain and develop the Company’s current client base and generate new business within assigned service area
- Responsible for inventory management
- Provide customers with relevant inventory information, superior customer service and after-sales service
- Prepare various internal paperwork, processing orders, etc.
- Develop a close working relationship with customers and suppliers
- Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors, and trends
- Plan and implement promotional programs
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct product demonstrations
- Ensure maximum sales revenues are obtained
- Attend periodic meetings and trade shows, as required
- Maintain working knowledge of all inventories sold
- Work with vendors to learn features of the inventories and sales techniques
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct demonstrations
- Provide customers with relevant information and service
Benefits and Features:
- A fast-paced supportive culture that celebrates success and encourages individual growth
- Significant growth potential within the organization
- Opportunity to network, develop relationships and partner on projects with Taiga team members from coast to coast
- Learn from an experienced team to develop knowledge in a wide range of building materials, commodity markets and all other aspects of our business
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a diverse group of colleagues across Canada
- We offer a competitive salary
- Complete benefit package
- Potential to earn significant bonus
- Paid vacation and sick time
- STD and LTD
- RRSP match
- Paid training
- Scholarships available
- HOW TO APPLY?
- E-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- WHY WORK FOR TAIGA?
- We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits package that surpass our competitors! This is an excellent opportunity to grow with Taiga Building Products, the Canadian leader in building product distribution.
- Check us out atwww.taigabuilding.com