This position requires the specification, design, support, and sales of engineered wood products (EWP). Using specialized design software, we produce highly detailed installation shop drawings for wood I-joists, structural composite lumber (SCL), and steel connections. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Work with contractors and customers to produce structural drawings for EWP.
- Produce full shop drawings to be read in conjunction with the approved structural and architectural drawings.
- Provide technical support to the specification community.
- Attendance at trade shows and industry events to promote our company and product lines.
- On-site training of engineers and architects
- Must have post-secondary education in a construction-related program.
- Must have drafting and structural design experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Real world construction experience in wood platform framing is a definite asset.
- Must be able to read and interpret architectural and structural drawings for residential and multi-family construction.
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment, multi-task, and establish priorities.
Initiative - Assess situations and initiate action independently.
Resourcefulness - Find quick, clever, and efficient ways to overcome difficulties.
Equilibrium – Maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenges.
Delegation/empowerment - Willing to entrust a task or responsibility to another person and grant authority or power to another person.
Oversight - Observing and checking progress over a period of time, systematic review.
Dimensions of Performance Evaluation:
- Safety Record
- Inventory Management
- Employee Survey results