Taiga Building Products – Kelowna, BC is looking for a Yard Worker to join their Kelowna yard team. The successful candidate must show experience in the lumber and building products or similar industry as well as motivation to be a part of a high production environment and be willing to go the extra mile when needed.
We are a respected International Wholesale Distributor of Building Products with branch offices throughout Canada and in various locations in the United States. With a 40 year track record of dependable service to the retail and industrial, building material industry, we are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including company benefits. Taiga supports and encourages sound forest practices and the effective management of the forest resource for future generations to enjoy. We are a public company, listed on the TSX and were awarded winner of 2014 Canada’s Top 50 Small and Medium Employers
- Loading and unloading building materials on flat deck trucks and vans in a safe and efficient manner.
- Accurately picking and staging customer orders.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers and truck drivers.
- Double checking loads before they leave the yard.
- Forklift experience loading and unloading flat decks and vans
- Entering accurate information into WMS Scanning system.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Work with Operations, Sales and Administration to ensure optimal team performance.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Can Do Attitude
- Customer Focused Team Player
- Forklift working experience is required
- Competent ability in using Smartphones, Tablets – Job requires ability to learn how to use WMS Scanning system
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Safety focused
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Good track record of attendance
- Knowledge of building materials an asset
- Focused on maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Please submit your resume with your salary expectation. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.