· Completion of High School
· Valid Class 5 drivers license
· Valid emergency First Aid/CPR level C
· Criminal Record check with vulnerable sector search (Winnipeg Police)
· Child and Adult abuse registry checks
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) & experience an asset but not required.
· Provide assistance/support to the clients in all areas of daily living & personal care as directed by their personal care plans and as directed by the Supervisor and/or Coordinator
· Promote positive social skills & social involvement in a variety settings
· Promote healthy living and healthy food choices
· Support the clients with their right to make their own decisions in a responsible manner and support them in maintaining a clean home.
· Commitment to the clients’ physical and emotional well being
· Responsible for maintaining the financials of the home/program and clients funds; Including daily cash transactions records, obtaining, recording, and storing receipts for all transactions; counting and reconciling all monies at the onset and conclusion of each shift; maintaining any other records as directed by the immediate supervisor or program coordinator
· Reporting any discrepancies to the immediate supervisor immediately
· Supporting the clients in all aspects of money management including adhering to their personal budget as directed through the individual financial plans and by the immediate supervisor or program coordinator
· Complete all tasks assigned through the daily chore list and as identified by the immediate supervisor/Program Coordinator through verbal or written communication
· Read and sign all memos and other written communication
· Identify and report any repairs, health or safety concerns to the immediate supervisor and take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of clients and others.
· Ability to communicate effectively; written and verbal
· Complete all journals and logs as identified in the daily chore list
· Reporting any misconduct or any disclosure of abuse of a client both verbally and in writing to the immediate supervisor and program coordinator
· Completing incident reports for all reportable incidents prior to the end of shift
· The incumbent is responsible for reading and abiding by all S.P.I.K.E. Inc. policies and procedures as outlined in the employment manual, Collective Bargaining Agreement and written instructions in the Communications Binders.