Who We Are…
At Winland Foods, Inc. we are a leading private label food manufacturer in pasta, dry dinners, syrups, condiments, and more with 2,800 employees, $1.4B in annual revenue, and operating out of 12 facilities in Canada, Italy and the US. Established as of October 2022 by leading investment firm InvestIndustrial, our team is free to innovate and act quickly to develop solutions for both internal and external customers.
We act with integrity, doing what we say we will do, and we value learning and celebrate our progress. We foster an environment that encourages all employees to be heard and value the contributions and ideas of others.
Who are you…
As an E.D. Smith Industrial Mechanic, you’ll be maintaining all packaging and processing equipment used on all manufacturing lines plant wide. This involves proactively inspecting, servicing and overhauling equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Advanced equipment troubleshooting and problem solving skills are critical.
What you’ll be doing…
- Repairing and servicing processing and packaging equipment on a planned schedule
- Effective troubleshooting of equipment to minimize downtime - understanding failure modes and ability to recommend solutions to eliminate equipment failures
- Installation and modifications of machinery and equipment as needed
- Collaborating with manufacturing teams to improve equipment reliability
- Pro-actively reporting equipment status and repair requirements to production and maintenance teams in a clear and positive manner
- Reporting daily work effort and failure root causes to facilitate reliability improvement
What you’re bringing to the table…
- Basic welding and machining skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while valuing team effort
- Dependability and comfortable with decision-making
- Good computer skills
- You’re a self-starter who is willing to take the initiative
- Provide timely and high-quality work with exceptional attention to detail
- Solid people and communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
More about you…
- You have your Certificate of Qualifications – Industrial Mechanic - Millwright (433A), bonus marks if you have 2-3 years of food manufacturing experience. Your knowledge of pneumatic and steam systems gives you a competitive advantage
Location & Hours of Work...
ED Smith Winona – 944 Highway 8
Days, Afternoons, Nights, Overtime – rotating shifts
Health, Dental, Paramedical, Vision & Travel Benefits
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)