As a Health Care Aide, you will assist people in your community to live safely in their homes by supporting them with daily tasks and self-care activities.
Why you’ll love working here:
· Best in class training and development programs
· Celebration and Recognition programs
· Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
· Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
· Company paid mobile device
· Mileage compensation
· Opportunities for education allowance for employees and family
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
· Travel from patient to patient completing several home visits per day
· Prepare meals and assist with meal-time
· Basic housekeeping duties
· Provide companionship and support the well-being of patients
· Assist with personal hygiene care including showering and bathing
· Support for basic activities of daily living
What you bring:
· Graduate from a HCA program recognized and approved by the Government of Alberta
· Willingness to visit patient’s residences within a designated area
· Previous experience performing personal hygiene care is an asset but not necessary
· Experience working with seniors and/or children is an asset
· Compassion and listening skills
· Passion for making a difference in your community
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work every other weekend
· Ability to pass or satisfy a Criminal Background screening upon hire
· Valid driver license and access to a vehicle
ParaMed Home Health Care is Canada’s leading provider of home care service. We have been providing homecare and wellness solutions since 1974 and operate across Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Nova
Scotia. With 10,000 employees and over 75,000 patients, we are proud of the impact we bring to our communities through the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care.
ParaMed recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our patients and team members from Covid-19. A condition of employment with ParaMed is that all new hires receive all required doses of a Covid 19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.