In this community nursing role, as a Registered Nurse you will have scheduled visits to care for patients in various settings. You will work with patients of all ages with differing complexity of care needs and play a key role in helping patients remain comfortable in their homes for as long as possible.
Why you’ll love working here:
· Autonomy, independence and a work-life balance
· Supportive team of peer nurses and supervisors
· Opportunity to develop long term therapeutic relationships with patients
· Best in class training and development programs, including a comprehensive clinical orientation and hands-on skills labs
· Celebration and Recognition programs
· Part time and Full-time scheduling including every other weekend off
· Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
· Company paid mobile devices
· Mileage compensation
· Opportunities for career advancement
· Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
· Care for patient needs during scheduled visits in your community
· Use appropriate assessment tools/techniques to assess patients’ individualized needs
· Execute and continuously monitor care plans
· Engage patients using a collaborative approach by building rapport and trust
· Maintain and update professional patient records related to patient encounters and plans
What you bring:
· Registration with the CNO as a Registered Nurse in good standing
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
· Experience in delivering community care is an asset
· Reliability and flexibility
· Willingness to travel to and from patient residences within a designated area
· Passion for making a difference in your community
· Willingness to share in on-call coverage to ensure patients are cared for during their time of need, including after hours
ParaMed Home Health Care is Canada’s leading provider of home care service. We have been providing homecare and wellness solutions since 1974 and operate across Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Nova Scotia. With 10,000 employees and over 75,000 clients, we are proud of the impact we bring to our communities through the delivery of high-quality care.
ParaMed is a division of Extendicare, the leading seniors care organization that also owns and operates long term care homes, and retirement homes.
ParaMed recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our patients and team members from Covid-19. A condition of employment with ParaMed is that all new hires receive all required doses of a Covid 19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.