Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) is seeking experienced registered nurses (RN) to join nursing teams from across Canada to provide care to various First Nations communities in Ontario.
As an integral part of the team, you will carry out a full scope of practice and provide a broad range of services unique to northern nursing with ISC. You will work alongside a talented team of nurses, other health professionals, and community members dedicated to delivering quality care in a culturally safe way.
Nurses in Charge deliver comprehensive and community health nursing services to remote and/or isolated First Nations communities within Ontario. They provide in-depth nursing knowledge, skills, clinical expertise and advanced judgment through consultation, clinical practice, leadership, and facilitate knowledge transfer through health promotion and disease prevention.
You will be flown from your home community via Indigenous Services Canada charters to your assigned community for the duration of your rotation. Work posts include remote and isolated First Nations communities within northern Ontario:
- Bearskin Lake
- Cat Lake
- Fort Albany
- Fort Hope
- Fort Severn
- Grassy Narrows
- Gull Bay (Anishinaabek/Kiashke Zaaging)
- Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug
- Marten Falls (Ogoki Post)
- Moose Factory
- Muskrat Dam
- North Spirit Lake
- Poplar Hill
- Sachigo Lake
- Sandy Lake
- Opportunities for part-time and full-time.
- Travel/outpost nursing rotations may vary and will include a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- $ 105,986 - $142,040 (per annum inclusive of applicable allowances)
- $ 84.187 to $98,114 Base annual salary (plus applicable allowances)
- NB: Salary and applicable allowances will be prorated based on scheduled work hours and may vary depending on work location.
As of September 2022, ISC’s nursing recruitment and retention allowances significantly increased. As an ISC nurse, you could be eligible to receive:
- Up to $6,750 for the initial recruitment allowance provided one-month after employment
- Up to $9,750 provided after twelve months of employment
- Up to $16,500 annually as a retention allowance starting at year 2
- Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.