Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd., in Innisfail, AB is looking for an experienced detail orientated and reliable Shipper/Receiver to join our team!
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals.
Reporting directly to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, the shipper/receiver always offers professional and expedited customer service to the production team, including delivering parts, locating parts, and effectively using written and verbal communication to close information loops. Follow and monitor the use of current inventory processes and participate in continuous improvement strategies. they are responsible for coordinating shipments of the clients finished goods with the client and/or shipping company contracted by the client.
- Receive product. Compare the product, packing slip and PO to ensure the received items are correct.
- Complete MTRs, Certificates of Compliance and other documentation as required
- Mark all materials with the necessary information for the class of material
- Physically locate all items as per the PO or assign a logical location
- Pick materials as per pick lists. Mark all parts with job number and place parts in job boxes or locate in staging areas as applicable
- Ship job boxes to the shops as requested by production staff.
- Operate forklifts as required and work closely with the material handling group.
- Communicate with project managers, the production manager, and production staff to identify when jobs are approaching completion in the production process.
- Organize, gather, package, and label all ship loose parts for jobs that are complete.
- Create accurate and detailed packing slips for jobs that are complete and submit the finished packing slip(s) to the PM responsible for each job to be signed off.
- Communicate with the client and/or the shipping company contracted to pick up the finished goods to coordinate shipping dates and times, as well as ensure that the client and the shipping company have shipping dimensions and weights and any other details pertaining to the loading and shipping of the finished good(s)
- Prepare bill(s) of lading and any other shipping documentation required by Bilton Welding & Manufacturing Ltd. and/ or the client
- Communicate internally so all parties involved with successfully shipping said job are aware of the shipping plans. This is to be done via outlook calendar invitations to the Bilton-Shipping group and the PM responsible for the job.
- Communicate the shipping plans verbally to the materials Handling group (forklift operators) as they do not have access to email/ calendar invitations internally.
- Be physically present during the load out of all finished goods, or plan accordingly with the materials handling group to ensure the following happen: The correct item(s) are loaded safely and without damage.
- The loaded truck is photo documented.
- The shipping documents are signed and submitted to document control
- Communicate any and all issues/ problems to the Materials Manager and the responsible PM immediately pertaining to the planning and or loading process.
Coordinate cranes/ pickers if required for load out in the most cost-effective manner.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Perform cycle counts and inventory counts as required.
- Maintain all materials in the yards and warehouse in an organized and efficient manner
- Notify immediate Supervisor of any issues that may arise
- Work safely and observe all safety rules to provide a safe place for all employees.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efﬁcient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Sound knowledge of products, sizes, and lift procedures
Position and Application Details:
We provide an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry and providing ample opportunities for employees to achieve their career goals.
If you would like to be a part of our growing and dynamic team of professionals that take pride in their work and strive to be the best in the industry APPLY today!
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be