Bilton Welding and Manufacturing Ltd., in Innisfail is looking for a proficient and experienced Estimator to join our team!
Why Join Bilton:
Our organization strives to offer competitive wages and benefits. We invest in our employees and maintain a work environment that is conducive to their physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Bilton believes that our people are our strength; therefore, we reward outstanding performance and innovation. We provide equal opportunities for our people to achieve their career goals.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Work with drafting to facilitate drawing development
- Work with Production to coordinate fabrication and installation of jobs
- Monitor job schedule, job costs and product/installation quality throughout the project
- Keep the client apprised of job progress and issues requiring client input
- Assure progress and final billings are timely and accurate
- Manage the change order process
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Support other department personnel as required this may include preparing estimates in other disciplines
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Technical diploma
- 3 - 5 + years of Estimating experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Decision making skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Stress management skills
- Practical experience with manufacturing execution practices is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques.
We provide hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects and applications in the Oil and Gas industry. This is a full-time permanent position with competitive starting wages and benefits packages.
If you would like to be a part of our growing and dynamic team of professionals that take pride in their work and strive to be the best in the industry APPLY today!
Thank you to all applicants; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.