Merchandising Manager Career Opportunity
Ashley Canada is currently seeking a Merchandising Manager for our London store located at Unit 1 - 3325 Wonderland Rd S.
As a Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining at the store level the Brand’s corporate visual presentation standards and supporting the corporate marketing department as needed.
Ashley is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan, educational assistance program and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values
- World class training programs;
- To work at one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
As the Merchandising Manager you will:
- Implement visual presentation direction from corporate office
- Support the corporate marketing department in the set-up of the Point of Purchase (POP) displays and other tasks as needed
- Ensure merchandise displays are complete and maintained to the corporate visual standards
- Maintenance of show room floor to ensure it is kept to standard
- Maintain and update open transfer reports to ensure flow to store is in line with corporate direction
- Responsible for Inventory Control Management as it relates to receiving, tagging, maintaining available inventory and discrepancy resolution.
- Ensure Clearance Flow to budget is maintained
- Supervise the workload of the visual team (Merchandiser/Porter)
- Prepare and administer performance evaluations for assigned staff
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, coaching, supervision and disciplining of assigned staff
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years’ experience in retail visual presentation.
- Demonstrated ability for design, balance and colour
- Able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Able to work retail hours (weekdays, evenings and weekends)
- Some travel may be required
- Criminal background check will be required
Plan Your Future With Us!
Ashley Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.