Beacon Lite is one of the top providers of traffic control equipment and services. We are a fast-paced growing business with over 50 years of traffic control experience. Locally we have locations in Ottawa, Gatineau, Kingston and Sudbury with over 300 employees between our 4 locations.
Beacon Lite has merged with the Universal Group, an industry leader in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Beacon Lite is seeking candidates for their Crash Truck Driver positions. This position provides employees with an attractive compensation package, with opportunities for overtime, and in - depth training so that you may grow into multiple different areas of traffic control. This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a growing industry!
As a Crash Truck Driver you play an important role in ensuring that traffic on the highway does not cause harm to the road crew by creating a physical barrier between traffic and workers.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on the vehicle
- Complete safety hazard paperwork as well as participate in safety discussions with clients
- Install advance warning signs and barrels on the highway to notify traffic of roadwork
- Make sure the Crash Truck is the appropriate distance from the road crew as per MTO Book 7 to ensure that should a vehicle hit the crash truck the workers are safe
- Observe traffic and the traffic equipment on site for the duration of the shift, adjust any equipment that may have been moved or fallen over
- Work with our clients in collaborative manner to uncover issues with site set - up and resolve problems
- Complete teardown of sites once work has been completed
- Maintain a safety awareness and work in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and policies
- Assist other co-workers on their set - up by acting as a crash truck barrier between traffic and workers.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive wages with a potential to earn overtime and shift premiums
- Paid training with opportunities to learn multiple areas of a growing industry
- An amazing corporate culture where you will feel supported and recognized for the work you do
- Access to reliable transportation to commute to different job sites
- Experience driving a manual transmission on a 5 tonne truck
- At least 2 years experience driving trucks larger than a 3 tonne
- Must have a valid DZ driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Traffic control experience and knowledge of the city an asset
- Available for both day and night shifts
- Able to calmly troubleshoot issues and collaborate with a diverse group of people
- Ability to use a smartphone and enter data using computerized mobile devices
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- You will be required to provide your own 6-inch upper steel-toed boots
Why Universal Group?
The Universal Group is rapidly growing as we are expanding our business across other Canadian provinces, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our growth. Our company is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be able to own your role. As an integral part of the Traffic Control Team at The Universal Group, you will receive a competitive base pay as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for further education and development.
The Universal Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply today, we can’t wait to hear from you. Come grow with us!