Cook - Heights at Mountain View
WestCana is looking for Full-time Cook with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in Long Term Living in Victoria.
- Full-time: Sunday - Thursday, 0600am - 0200pm, 0930am - 0530pm, 37.5 hours/week
- Wage: $24.00 /hour
- Location of Work: 3814 Carey Road, Victoria, V8Z 4C4
Cook Must Haves:
- Current qualification(s) as a cook with some experience in a volume food preparation environment.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
Cook Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in Long-term Care Facility and/or previous food service establishment experience.
- Prepares food that meets or exceeds the appearance, taste, and quality expectations of the residents, families and clients.
- Prepares and/or monitors the preparation of daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs and standards for dietary care are met or exceeded and costs remain within approved budget allocations.
- Implements and maintains inventory control systems to maximize savings and minimize waste.
- Ensuring all phases of food preparation meets or exceeds health and safety requirements i.e. Community Care Facility Act, WHMIS, WCB, provincial safety standards etc.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Line Cook
- Kitchen Helper
- Prep Cook