If you are looking to be part of a team that is growing and positively changing the Tree Care Industry while providing great career opportunities, we want to speak to you! Prune It Up Tree Service is hiring for an experienced arborist or a “New to the industry Grounds person”.
Prune It Up Tree Service is a division of Spruce It Up Garden Centre
- Uses hand lines to lower limbs and equipment.
- Unloads lays out, prepares, and stows materials, tools, and equipment at the worksite.
- Works from the ground using handsaws, poles saws. Drives trucks, operates chippers.
- Services trucks and equipment. Keeps trucks and other asigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for repairs to truck and equipment to crew leader.
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around the work area, staying in frequent communication with workers aloft.
- Participates in daily safety meetings and daily job briefings.
- Adheres to all industry and company safety standards and policies including the use of PPE at all times. Helps enforce job safety practices.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Operates and maintains chippers, chainsaws, and all other equipment in a safe manner
- Prior experience with trimming, chipper, and saw operation is preferred
- A clean valid Driver’s License is required
- Drivers abstract required at time of conditional job offer.
- Must be able to carry 50lbs at a minimum and work outside in all weather conditions
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Positive attitude and can-do work ethic.
We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, health benefits, training, year-round employment, a positive and respectful work environment, and more.
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Overtime pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tree Trimmers & Arborists: 1 year (preferred)