“If you’re better at finding and diagnosing what is wrong with a truck than Sherlock Holmes is at solving mysteries, then we need you!”
What You’re Passionate About:
Are you better at solving mysteries than Sherlock Holmes is at finding criminals? Do you like helping customers get trucks back on the road quickly and as efficiently as possible, diagnosing, reporting, and repairing units as required? Looking at the big picture, you are a detail-oriented individual who is both computer savvy and likes to keep things organized. If you enjoy being the superhero of support for external clients, then the Truck and Trailer Technician job is for you.
A Typical Day for the Mechanic:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain OEM class 6,7,8 vehicles, trailers, truck mounted cranes, and Hi-Rail equipment.
• Ensure professional quality detail and craftsmanship
• Implement workflow procedures and continuous improvement initiatives for the department
What You Bring:
• Take pride in your work and craftsmanship
• Experience in time management
• Strong aptitude for diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance
• Commercial Transport (Truck and Transport Mechanic) Journeyman Certificate (or Red Seal)
• Heavy Truck and Trailer subject matter expert
• Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced, detailed, and process-driven environment
• Follow safety procedures, provincial/federal legislation, and company policies
• Ability to work in a physical capacity, including heavy lifting and using tools throughout the shift
• Must have own tools (required tool list will be provided)
• Class 5 driver's license
• Class 1, Class 3, and MVI Certifications are a bonus
Why Choose First Truck Centre:
There is something special about working at First Truck Centre, and it’s been recognized by Canada’s Best Managed list for the past several years. Our culture believes in equal opportunity, employee equity programs, and career advancement. With our Power of One philosophy, our employees are supported to bring their whole selves to work, to come together to foster a better tomorrow.
You won’t find a more genuine, driven, and family-oriented group of people anywhere. Integrity is essential. We have built a foundation through a reliable, safe, and team environment.
About First Truck Centre:
With 12 branches spread across Alberta and British Columbia, we have become the largest DTNA Elite support-certified group of facilities in Canada. First Truck Centre believes in fostering a better tomorrow through the power of one by offering various sales, vehicle maintenance, necessary parts, and collision services to the industry. For more information about everything First Truck, please visit us at firsttruck.ca.
What First Truck Has to Offer:
• Competitive Base wage
• Shift premiums and overtime pay
• Generous annual tool and boot allowance
• State of the art shop with quality tooling, computer systems and cleanliness
• Employer-paid technical training as required
• Company-paid extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision
• Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs
• Employer RRSP matching
• Paid Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer