Under the direction of the Operations Manager or General Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for achieving the prescribed company objectives for safety, efficiency, quality, and inventory accuracy. Particular emphasis is placed on the management of Team Members and the implementation of proactive operations action plans specific to receiving, warehousing and shipping product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
• Inventory Management - Identifies potential discrepancies in inventories and resolves issues.
• Report Preparation - Ensure that all records and reports for client activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained
• Space Utilization/Flow Planning - identifies opportunities to realign inventories to increase operational efficiency
• Supervise employees – Includes performance management, conduct, quality and compensation
• Communication – With team members regarding feedback, issue resolution, conduct shift start up meetings, drive cultural building activities
• Labor Planning – All shift scheduling including time off/vacation requests.
• Customer service - Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with internal and external customers and ensure that all personnel do the same
• Oversee Shipping/Receiving operations.
• Supervise and drive health and safety initiatives, security and general facility housekeeping Qualifications/Skills: • Must be capable of applying effective communication skills orally and in writing.
• Must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be familiar with all material handling equipment.
• Must possess knowledge of all appropriate health and safety legislation.
• Must be capable of coordinating the training of subordinates to ensure the adequate development of work skills.
• Must have a demonstrated record of providing excellence in customer service.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Completion of a diploma program or greater, a college diploma in business administration or related logistics field with some experience, or, an equivalent amount of technical training, warehouse operations experience and experience supervising employees within a progressive employee relation’s environment.
• 3 - 5 years experience in a business or industry related role
• Experience in and a solid understanding of warehousing and distribution
• Must possess front-line supervision experience in addition to demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and communication as necessary
• Highly proficient in Microsoft 365 products.
You Should Know This About the Job
As a valued member of our team, you will be well-compensated.
Along with your salary, you’ll have a Performance Incentive component.
You’ll have plenty of incentives to continue learning and growing your skills through an Education Re-imbursement program and our support.
Working at a rapidly expanding company means you’ll have plenty of interesting assignments, lots of diverse challenges, and opportunities for career growth.
No need to pay for parking or public transport – parking is free and right beside the building.
We care about outcomes, and we like people who are results driven.
We like creative problemsolvers and curious people.
Are You a Good Fit?
Think you’ve got what it takes? Are you ready to join a great team? Please submit your application today!
Job Type: Full-time
• Company events
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: • Bonus pay.
Ability to commute/relocate: • CALGARY, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• warehouse supervisory: 3 - 5 years required