New West Truck Centre’s is a growing and we require mechanics for all shifts. We are looking for motivated 3rd / 4th year Heavy Duty Mechanic apprentices as well journeyman heavy duty mechanics who are familiar with all types of On-Highway vehicles repairs.
Experience with Detroit, Cummins and Allison experience will be considered an asset.
New West Truck Centre’s Lethbridge is a Daimler Elite Support Level Dealer which drives a culture of continuous improvement.
We are willing to pay relocation costs to mechanics willing to move to this location.
- Performing diagnostics and repair of commercial vehicles including: Freightliner; Autocar and Mitsubishi product line. Other OEM brands that may apply include: Detroit Diesel; Cummins; CAT; Eaton; Allison and Meritor
- Perform commercial vehicle inspections and occasional pre-delivery inspections on new trucks and used truck trade in units
- Will be required to maintain certifications and obtain new ones through online and instructor lead training – travel may be required
- Provide estimates related to truck repairs to the service advisor
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to foster such an attitude everyday
- Red Seal or Journeyman provincial trade certification or registered 3rd / 4th year is required for this role
- A Certified Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) certification or willing to obtain one is preferred for this role (Journeyman / Red Seal)
- Class 1 or class 3 driver’s license is an asset and applicants will be given preference
Why work for New West Truck Centres? Here’s why:
- Health Spending Account
- Paid training
- Longevity Recognition
- RRSP Matching Program