Located on 20-acres in SW Calgary, Spruce It Up Garden Centre offers everything from perennials, annuals, and tropicals in our 15,000 sq ft greenhouse, to pottery, giftware and home décor from our 4,000 square foot retail showroom. Our retail division is currently looking to hire seasonal full-time Tree and Shrub Associates from late April until mid/late August. Spruce It Up is proud to win Gold in the 2022-2023 Calgary Herald and Calgary Sun Readers Choice Awards for the garden center category! We strive to offer a fun and rewarding job or career for all of our team members!
- Greet and delight each customer with outstanding customer service and assist with questions relating to their tree, shrub, and rose needs
- Help move and load various sizes of trees and shrubs into customer vehicles. Unload delivery trucks, and assist with merchandising trees and shrubs in the tree lot.
- Water trees and shrubs, pull weeds, sweep tree lot, and re-stock plant material
- Work along side and follow directions from the Tree Lot Manager
- Work in all weather conditions (wind, snow , rain) during spring and summer months
- Must be in good physical shape/health and able to lift trees and shrubs on a daily basis. This is a physically demanding job in a fast paced environment.
- Strong passion for Horticulture. Being a graduate of the Master Gardener Program would be beneficial.
- High level of knowledge surrounding hardy trees, shrubs, and roses. Must have a good understanding of the types of plant material that are suited for Calgary and it's climate.
- High attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable and strong work ethic
- Punctual and on time to work
- Safety first mindset
- Need to be a team player and follow specific directions
- Must have own form of transportation to and from work
- Positive attitude at work
- store discount
- company events
- hourly pay, with possible opportunities for overtime
- full time: 40 hours a week
- Must be flexible to work both weekdays and weekends