Allied Universal is seeking a Screening Officer at Erik Nielsen Whitehorse International Airport. As a member of the Allied Universal Aviation Team, you will have the distinct opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. We understand the importance of this role and are looking for team members who want to safeguard their communities, while learning critical skills, beyond security, that will help them create long-lasting careers.
As a Screening Officer you will report to the Service Delivery Manager and hold responsibility for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with them are screened before they enter the sterile area of the airport. This will be accomplished by using metal detection equipment, X-ray equipment, and explosive detection equipment, as well as physical search techniques to search baggage, items, and personal belongings.
As this is a unionized 24/7 environment, shift assignments are bid by seniority and can be any day of the week (including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) and shifts can be from early morning, late afternoon or evening.
NOTE: If you are successful in our pre-screening process, you will be required to apply for a Transport Canada Security Clearance and once acquired, you will then need to successfully complete the Screening Officer Foundations (SOF) course.
- Work as a productive team member; supporting and promoting a positive work environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Manage conflict
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain a Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Must be able to successfully complete all CATSA assessments including Screening Officer Foundations (SOF) and On-the-Job (OJT) programs.
- Must be able to obtain a valid medical certificate
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history