Cook - Part Time Type Regular Full-Time
Hard Rock is looking for a part time and a full time cook to join the band.
The hours would be:
Part Time - Monday/Tuesday 11pm - 7:30pm and Wednesday/Thursday 5pm - 12:30am
Must have your own transportation as public transportation does not come to the Casino.
- Ensures that all items are prepared according to recipe cards, and plating guides.
- Set up stations, including utensils, equipment and other essential items.
- Maintains high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all food and ensuring that all food quality meets specifications and guarantees.
- Regularly restocking all kitchen supplies and food items required for service ensuring all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy. Confirm all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas.
- Responsible for maintaining a solid menu knowledge and of all food products and skillfully applies culinary techniques with attention to detail regarding plate presentation and preparation.
- Cleans all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintaining equipment in good working order while following all procedures and policies set forth by the company.
- Follows all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department while having a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces and stocks.
- Work as a team and effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other associates.
- Operates, maintains, and cleans deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, flat top grill, and other equipment according to instructions.
- Assists in lowering food cost and waste, properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Work as a team, helping all team members to complete the required activities that ensure we blow away Guest expectations.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Lives the Brand
this job description reflects essential functions;but does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 2 Years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Knowledge of sanitation practices, weights and measures, and various cooking techniques.
- Must possess good attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Must be able to comprehend the oral and verbal English language with the ability to read, measure and execute recipes.
- Equipment knowledge to include, but not limited to a slicing machine, juicer,small wares equipment, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances, brazier, steam kettles.
- Knowledgeable in safe handling practiced when using sharp knives, utensils and hot plates.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume restaurant
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout the kitchen (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here may be representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy.
- Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in a professional office setting, but there may be times where you will need to be on the Casino Floor or pass through this area. On the Casino Floor, you may be exposed to casino-related environmental factors including, but not limited to, excessive noise.
Hard Rock Ottawa values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.