Signing Bonus: $5,000
Salary (may vary depending on collective agreement): $34.20/hour
Time: 12:00pm – 9:30pm Monday to Thursday and 12:00pm – 4:00pm Friday.
Relocation possibilities are available.
Our mechanics are responsible for major maintenance and repair work on the company's vehicles. Under general supervision, they do preventive maintenance, inspections and diagnostic tests, and repair all kinds of vehicles and equipment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under limited supervision and choose from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance services.
- Perform inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, braking, and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Use the vehicle's computer electronics to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisition new parts.
- Perform all work within standard repair times.
- Make service calls for emergency outages.
- Carry out security checks on vehicles.
- Complete the required paperwork using fleet maintenance software associated with vehicle repair, documenting parts usage and accounting for repair times.
- Review, complete, or assign repairs identified in the driver's vehicle inspection report.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace in accordance with company and OHS standards and perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complete all mandatory online and classroom training modules.
- Must have all necessary tools to fulfill the responsibilities and requirements of the job.
- 3 years of experience as a truck / heavy vehicle mechanic.
- Valid driver's license and must have a good driving record.
- Certificate/diploma of Mechanic from a recognized/accredited school.
- Must be able to work evening shifts.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
- Pass pre-employment medical and medical history checks, which will include employment verification, and motor vehicle record review.
- Good French communication skills
- • Permis de conduire de classe 3
- Carte PEP est un atout
Si cela ressemble à l'opportunité que vous recherchiez, veuillez cliquer sur «Postulez».
WM (WM.com) is North America’s largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM’s fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks – the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America – where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company’s sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Wrench with the best! Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on diesel equipment. We care about our technician's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you!