Sid Grabell Contracting is to expanding and seeking a crew of efficient, safety-minded General Construction Laborer's. Applicants should have experience in construction and access to reliable transportation. Additionally, he or she should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Material handling - Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work area.
- Perform Housekeeping Duties.
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools: Drills, Cutting Torches, Grinders, Jack Hammers, Drills, Saws, etc..
- Operate equipment with care and report equipment that requires servicing or repair.
- Clean up work sites- Remove debris at sites using shovels, wheelbarrows, etc.
- Assist various tradespersons in construction activities.
- Carry out day to day labour tasks as instructed by the supervisor.
- Physically demanding, occasionally handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Construction Industry experience.
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures.
- Steel Toed Boots.
- Suitable attire for construction site environment in weather (winter and rain attire).
- Must be punctual and possess a strong work ethic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Knowledge and respect of safety.
- Able to perform physically demanding work.
- Able to communicate orally.
- Ability to operate forklift, backhoe an asset.
- Welding abilities an asset.
- Valid licence with clean driving abstract (DZ or AZ licence considered an asset)
- This role is performed both indoors and outdoors; the employee can be exposed to all weather conditions.
- Basic Training: WHMIS 2015, Working at Heights, First Aid & CPR, Book 7 all an asset.
If you are looking to expand your career and like the idea of working alongside experienced professionals who VALUE and support your work come join the SGC team.