Project Manager- Civil Construction
PTL is seeking a dependable and motivated Project Manager. Our dedicated team helps us achieve industry success which allows us to offer competitive wages, consistent work, benefits (after three months of employment) and opportunities to advance within the team. A probation period will apply for the first 3 months of employment.
• 2+ years of utility and telecommunication infrastructure experience.(Required)
• 2+ years of direct supervision/management experience in a fast paced, hands on, team setting. (Required)
• Post secondary education in Project Management (An asset, but not required).
• Proven track record of an ability to lead and optimize crews.
• Ability to decipher Civil construction and Fibre distribution drawings.
• Must have a highly detailed understanding of HDD operations, including the process of drilling, trenching, placing duct, placing cable, etc
• Thorough knowledge of Vermeer HDD equipment .
• Thorough knowledge of Falcon F5 locating equipment.
• Experience line locating (Metrotech preferred).
• Basic computer skills, MS Office,
• Experience with SiteDocs, Fieldwire, etc (preferred)
• Experience with excavation permits and utility locates.
• Must have safety tickets including First Aid & CPR/AED Level C, CSTS 2020, and Ground Disturbance Supervisory Level.
• Must be willing to complete company provided safety courses prior to beginning work.
• Will be reporting directly to the Sr. Project Managers
• Coordinate and lead crew of 10-40 personnel onsite.
• Organized with ability to meet deadlines/due dates.
• Lead crew safety meetings.
• Ensure all safety paperwork is completed and all safety meetings and tailgate meetings are documented.
• Must have a positive lead-by-example attitude.
• Able to communicate effectively.
• Be the direct contact with all clients.
• Address any escalations from clients, the team, or the public in a timely and professional manner.
• Polite and able to maintain a high level of professionalism in dealing with employees, the public and homeowners.
• Ability to defuse difficult situations.
• QC all Civil/fibre drawings to ensure changes required are made ahead of time.
• Ensure fluid progress from all sections of the team meet our deadlines.
• Ensure preventative maintenance and inspections of equipment are being completed.
• Train/mentor crew members.
• Responsible for overall site and crew safety.
• Maintain daily progress reports.
• Complete Asbuilts weekly.
• Able to work in all weather conditions.
• Must be available to work weekends when required.
• May be required to work out of town occasionally.
• Duties include but are not limited to the above. Must be willing and able to perform all required day to day duties.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent – NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Salary: $34.00-$39.00 per hour
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Vision care
• 10 hour shift
• 12 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Must be available on weekends
• Secondary School (preferred)
• telecommunications: 2 years (required)
• supervision/management: 2 years (required)
• project management: 2 years (required)
• Drivers Licence (required)
• CSTS 2020 Ticket (required)