HDD Driller and Locator
PTL is seeking dependable, motivated and safety- oriented employees to join our company. Our dedicated team helps us achieve industry success which allows us to offer competitive wages, consistent work, benefits (after three months of employment) and opportunities to advance within the team. A probation period will apply for the first 3 months of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Installation of underground conduit guaranteeing safety to the public and underground facilities are a top priority.
• Operate directional drills, water trucks, and skid steers.
• Team leader, who will participate in all tasks required alongside the crew, setting an example of work ethic and solidarity.
• Encourages the crew to be independent workers, mentoring them for success on the work site.
• Sets a strong production pace, relative to the infield safety rhythm.
• Leads a proactive operation.
• Performs daily preventative maintenance and post shift repair work when required.
• Ensures vehicles and equipment are cleaned inside & out.
• Read utility locates and coordinate accordingly, permits and locates are in hand.
• Read and comprehend blueprints and work orders.
• Setup work site including pedestrian control and traffic.
• Willing to work in different environments with moderate to loud noise levels.
• Ready to work in trenches, manholes and tunnels.
• Move/lift material weighing 50+ pounds.
• Duties include but are not limited to the above. Additional tasks may be assigned as required.
Skills and Qualifications
• CLASS 1 Drivers License is Required.
• Mechanically inclined Horizontal Directional Drill locator; preferably experienced with Falcon F5's but willing to train the right individual.
• Experience with Vermeer Drills preferred.
• No previous utility strikes.
• Shallow utilities experience.
• Safety conscious.
• Adaptable/ problem solver.
• Arrives to each shift ready to work with a good attitude, ambition and professionalism
• Installation of gas, power, and telecom.
• Knowledge of ground disturbance procedures.
• Current safety tickets are mandatory: CSTS 2020.
• Ready to take compulsory company safety courses including but not limited to First Aid, Ground Disturbance, WHMIS, H2S ALIVE - before beginning work.
• 2+ years of Calgary drilling experience preferred.
• Willing to work long hours.
• Valid driver’s license, clean abstract.
• Resident of Calgary (or surrounding area) preferred.
• We ask that applicants only with the relevant experience apply.
How we pay:
• Overtime pay after 44 hours worked, per week.
• Consistent work and predictable schedule.
• Weekend work often available.
Full-time, Permanent Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
• Dental care.
• Employee assistance program.
• Extended health care.
• Vision care.
• Wellness program
• 10 hour shift
• 12 Hour Shift
• On Call
• Day shift
• Weekend availability
• Some out-of-town work will be required
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required) Experience:
• Falcon F5 Locator: 1 year (preferred) • HDD Drilling: 2 years (required) • HDD Locating: 1 year (required)
• Class 1 Licence (required)