PTL is seeking dependable and motivated employees to join our company. Our dedicated team helps us achieve industry success which allows us to offer competitive wages, consistent work, benefits (after three months of employment) and opportunities to advance within the team. A probation period will apply for the first 3 months of employment.
● Daylighting, trenching and digging for telecom, hydro, gas, and water utilities.
● Performs pre and post trip inspections.
● Obeys company policies and procedures.
● Proactively executes routine maintenance, ensuring equipment is operating properly.
● Ensures Hydro Vac is clean inside and out.
● Completes all required paperwork daily.
● Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures.
● Handles construction materials.
● Load and unload vehicles with supplies and equipment.
● Remove all material debris from work sites.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
● Duties include but are not limited to the above. Additional tasks may be assigned as required.
● Require a minimum valid Class 3 license and clean driver's abstract.
● Will be operating a 14-yard Westech Wolf Triaxle truck or Tandem.
● 2 -3 years of experience operating a Hydro Vac
● Knowledge of ground disturbance procedures
● Current safety tickets are mandatory: CSTS 2020
● Ready to take compulsory company safety courses including but not limited to First Aid, Ground Disturbance, WHMIS, H2S ALIVE - before beginning work.
● Prior experience in construction projects and telecommunications is an asset.
● Prioritizes health and safety
● Position involves sitting, standing, bending, and climbing.
● Able to move/lift material weighing 50+ pounds.
● Willing to work in different environments with moderate to loud noise levels.
● Ready to work in trenches, manholes and tunnels.
How we pay:
• Overtime paid after 44 hours worked, per week.
• Consistent work and predictable schedule.
• Weekend work often available.
• Salary: $33.00-$36.00 per hour
• Dental care.
• Employee assistance program.
• Extended health care.
• Vision care.
• Wellness program
• 10 hour shift
• 12 Hour Shift
• On Call
• Day shift
• Weekend availability
• Some out-of-town work will be required
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required) Experience: • Hydrovac Operator (Minimum 1 Year experience) (Required) Licence/Certification:
• Minimum Class 3 Licence (required)