Class 1 Owner Operator
As an owner-operator at Steele's, you will provide a Day-cab tractor to pull our trailers to provide industry leading pickup and delivery services for our customers. You will be compensated with a base + commission pay structure.
You will be based out of Calgary and the work week is Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm with occasional weekend or after-hours work depending on customer requirements.
Steele's Transportation Group has been serving Calgary - Red Deer - Edmonton and Alberta for over 65 years. We specialize in Same day and next day final mile and regional LTL services of general freight for our diverse group of customers.
You will provide
• Well maintained Tandem Axle Day-cab tractor
• 3 years accident and violation free commercial drivers abstract
• WCB Account
• Smart phone or tablet connected to a network data service i.e. Bell, Telus, Rogers
You will have:
• A great attitude who thrives off providing industry leading customer service
• The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of written instructions and Bills of Lading
Steele's will provide:
• Insurance and registration
• Safety Fitness Certificate
• Safety and Maintenance policies
• Electronic logging device (ELD)
• Asset tracking
• Fuel Card
• Safety Bonus program
• Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Dispatching and accounting services
• Cargo Securement training
• Weights and Dimensions training
• Hours of Service training
• Vehicle inspection training
Signing Bonus program: Once you sign on with Steele's, complete the training and onboarding and are ready to roll, you will receive a $500.00 signing bonus.
Please provide a current 5-year commercial drivers abstract, copy of Driver's license, pictures of truck if interested.