Who we are
DeckMart Building Supplies is a locally owned and operated business that prides itself on delivering exceptional service and high-quality outdoor building materials. With our extensive seven years of experience in the industry, we have honed our expertise and strive to work collaboratively with our customers to create the ideal deck that meets their specific needs.
What we are looking for
DeckMart is looking for an outgoing Customer Service Representative to undertake Customer Service Duties. As a Customer Service Representative You will be responsible for guiding, assisting and following up with customers in making purchases. The ideal candidate will be energetic, friendly, while displaying a high level of product knowledge.
What you will be doing
- Providing information on the availability of in-stock/out-of-stock items and the projected delivery date from vendors.
- Assisting with product sales by recommending specific items and alternatives, including estimates and material takeoff.
- Following up with clients after the successful sale to resolve any outstanding problems, questions and providing ongoing support.
- Following up with clients prior to successful sale to provide support and answer questions.
- Attentively listening to clients to identify ways to assist.
- Contact regular and potential customers to demonstrate new or arrived products, provide product features, and solicit orders.
- Estimating and providing quote terms, and delivery dates.
- Prepare rough sketches, estimates, and offers that meet specific customer needs or budgets.
- Showcase the display and product samples.
- 2+ years of experience in the sales field, preferred.
- Written and verbal communication,
- Strong interpersonal and support skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and sales aptitudes are favored.
- Ability to learn our new or existing products, as well as their pricing, descriptions, and usage.
- Ability to learn and use the company’s business processes (inventory and CRM system).
- Data input accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to multitask and willingness to grow in the company.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, patience, and professionalism.
- Construction or Building Materials background is preferable.