Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, we are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) to join our manufacturing team to contribute to our safety first production operations by regularly inspecting, repairing, modifying and maintaining equipment and machinery as required to minimize downtime, and to further advance our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, compliances and maintain a clean & safe working environment.
- Performs PM work and repairs to machinery and plant support systems with regards to mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, problems
- Work with preventative maintenance programs and keep detailed and accurate maintenance records.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate the parts required during overhauls, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Works with a wide array of precision tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, gauge blocks and levels
- Fabricates custom parts, fixtures and guarding by means of arc welding, grinding, oxyacetylene cutting
- Assembles and installs machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, pullers, precision bearings, gear-boxes, clutches, motors, shafts, sprockets, chains, conveyors etc
- Alignment skills, couplings on pumps and various Falk Couplings
- Participates and supports World Class Manufacturing initiatives
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production requirements are met
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Maintenance Millwright who is fully licensed/certified in the Province of Ontario (Mandatory)
- 2-5 years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with working with a CMMS system
- Some experience working with Maintenance SAP system.
- Ability to operate forklifts and aerial lifts
- Strong familiarity with machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines); use of power tools
- Machinist and/or welding accreditation would be advantageous
- Must be able to perform overtime/on-call/shift work if required.
- The unionized plant operates on a 24/7 schedule
CertainTeed Canada, Inc., a Saint-Gobain Company, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. CertainTeed is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities.