Strathroy, Ontario is one of two sites located in Canada offering softgel development and manufacturing capabilities for the Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health industries. We have a broad range of integrated formulation, manufacturing, analytical and packaging services to offer full-service turnkey solutions.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor this position performs reactive, assigned, and preventative maintenance on all production and supporting equipment within the facility. Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and provides mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic/control system support on all equipment.
Shifts: 12-hour Continental Shifts
Pay: Starts at $38 per hour currently offering $0.50 wage premium and an additional $1.50 premium for night shift
- Assembles, disassembles, installs, repairs, and/or fabricates as needed to maintain machinery, equipment, spare parts, tooling, change-parts, or facility in accordance to technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/SOPs/standard practices/experience/site resources/OEM resources as needed
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots both mechanical and/or control problems and corrects as required in accordance to technical manuals/schematics/blueprints/SOPs/standard practices/experience/site resources/OEM resources as needed
- Completes system support work (fuse changes, contactor resets, temperature controller adjustments, calibrations, PLCs, etc.) as trained
- Executes assigned PMs and work orders as scheduled on time and complies with PM, SOP, cGMP, and regulatory requirements
- Completes documentation (work orders, PMs, calibration forms, validation documents, etc.) to cGMP/SOP standards
- Supports on-site contractors as necessary for PM or project activity
- Provides on-call support as scheduled and works rotating shifts as scheduled
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- Completion of Tradesman and Qualification Act requirements
- Licensed by Ministry of Skills and Development (442A/309A)
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR an asset
- Experience in the following: manuals/schematics/blueprints, controllers, PLC & HMI, PID, calibration, and engineering drawings, Precision measurement instruments, power tools, technical
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, as required to complete daily activities according to schedule
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, organized, ability to multi-task
- Adaptable and ready to manage change efficiently
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Use of manual dexterity is required.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, bend, or twist, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- There is also the potential exposure to chemicals.
Why you should join Catalent:
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance);
- Group Retirement Savings –Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with employer contributions;
- Paid Time Off Programs incl. vacation, banked time & personal time;
- Employee Reward & Recognition programs;
- Opportunities for professional and personal development & growth incl. tuition reimbursement