Position Title – AZ Driver (Highways – Canada and USA)
Reports to Transportation Team
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
AZ Drivers are responsible for:
- Driving company-owned tractor-trailers, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations to transport and deliver products or materials, and adhering to rules and regulations involved with the safe and legal operations of a tractor-trailer.
- Maneuvering trucks and trailers into the loading or unloading position, following signals from the loading crew as needed on-site and off-site.
- Maintaining the driver log, paper or electronic, according to provincial and ministry regulations.
- Ensuring the loads are secured to the trailer wall at all times using load bars.
- Notifying the Fleet Coordinator of any need for maintenance service on the truck.
- Inspecting the truck before, during, and after trips, while reporting any safety concerns to minimize security risks.
- Maintaining a clean truck inside and out on a daily basis, including regular sanitizing, fuel top ups, and removal of garbage and all personal belongings. (We may assign any truck to another driver in order to keep the truck in service).
- Ensuring that any safety item that is removed from the driver safety bag is replaced.
- Maintaining a clean driver abstract.
- Keeping a positive, professional attitude.