Position Title – Quality Control Inspector
Reports to Quality Control Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for:
- Examining and inspecting containers, materials, and products to ensure specifications are met.
- Weighing, measuring, and counting products and materials.
- Documenting product, packaging, and other information on detailed forms.
- Examining/Comparing inspection data with receiving to ensure accurate quantities and sizes, reporting any discrepancies.
- Taking photos and preparing quality reports.
- Communicating with the Quality Coordinator(s) or Supervisor(s) for day-to-day inspection priorities.
- Communicating/Reporting damages, shortages, and any non-conformance to the Quality Control Coordinator, Supervisor, or Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Quality Control Inspectors are required to have:
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing in English.
- The ability to communicate issues or concerns to the appropriate parties.
- The ability to conduct basic math calculations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Famous is considered an asset.
- The ability to work independently or on a team, and to work with limited supervision.
- A positive attitude.
Quality Control Inspectors are required to work six days a week, 40-50 hours per week. They are required to have their own transportation, to and from work. They must also meet the physical requirements of the job, which include the ability to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 30lbs
- Work in a temperature-controlled environment (Approx. 45-55 degrees F).