Forklift Operator - Shipping/Receiving
Shippers/Receivers are responsible for organizing and maintaining an updated inventory through the use of acomputerized inventory control system. Safe operation of a forklift to load, unload and move goods is a must. Our warehouse is an environment where activities take place at a rapid pace. Handling heavy loads, manual dexterity, attention to detail and hand-eye coordination is required.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Ensure FIFO stock rotation within our facility and coolers.
- Loads and unloads materials to and from designated storage areas, or vehicles.
- Stacks or piles materials, pallets, etc.
- Bundles and bands
- Sorts and stores items according to specifications.
- Attaches identifying tags or marks information on containers.
- Ensures/maintains a clean work area, using brooms, rags, and cleaning compounds
- Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Record any maintenance required for equipment for safety and to minimize risks.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Follows work orders or listens to oral instructions to determine work assignment.
- Completes daily fork lift inspection for safety and to minimize risks.
- Follows established safety regulations; appropriate use of signals (horns), proper use of seatbelts and other equipment as required.
- Additional tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safe driver as a fork lift operator and conduct daily equipment inspections.
- Previous experience with vegetables or comparable environment is preferred.
- Ability to conduct basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English.
- Knowledge of Famous will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to work independently or within a team setting.
- Positive attitude, punctual and willing to grow within the company.
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit and able to repetitively lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Work in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must be able to deal with challenging employees and/or situations
Overtime after 44 hours
Must have own reliable transportation. Public transportation is not available.