We are looking for a Red Seal Electrician to work on Wind Turbine Electrical Crew. In this role, you will be responsible for training and mentoring apprentices, and completing all electrical work inside a Wind Turbine. You may also be required to maintain and repair the electrical equipment used on-site.
To ensure success as an Electrical, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and have sound knowledge of industrial and commercial electrical systems. A top-class Electrical will ensure that all the electrical work done on site is completed on time and to code.
· Providing motivation and assistance when necessary.
· Inspecting and assessing the work done by the electrical Apprentices.
· Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems.
· Troubleshooting major system failures and equipment malfunctions.
· Repairing and maintaining electrical equipment.
· Overseeing the purchasing and maintenance of the electrical equipment on-site.
· Ensuring the work is completed on schedule and to code.
· Pulling Medium Voltage Cable up a wind turbine
· Terminations of control panels
· Medium Voltage Terminations
· Working off a ladder to secure cable
· Maintaining a safe and clean work area.
· Creating and building temporary power systems for the installation on Wind Turbine Generators
· Completing all site required reporting
· High school diploma/GED required.
· Red Seal Electrician Certification.
· 5+ years’ experience in the electrical trade or wind would be an asset.
· Able to work well on a team.
· Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
· Be able to work comfortable and safely from heights (300ft or more).
· Excellent hand-eye coordination.
· Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proven work experience as an Electrician.
· Strong leadership and managerial skills.
· In depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical systems
· Excellent communication skills.
· Familiarity with state electrical and safety codes.
· Advanced troubleshooting skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· A good eye for detail.
· Ability to travel within Canada.
· Maintaining a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driver's abstract are conditions of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org