Location: Alberta and Saskatchewan
We have exciting new opportunities for those who are looking to enhance their development, or perhaps join the work in the Wind Industry.
As a QA Technician, you will learn and apply skills in mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control. Time will be split between field and office work. All while being a key part in the overall construction of wind turbine towers.
· Erection of Wind Turbines.
· Checks quality of all components prior to and during erection.
· Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight.
· Always demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior. Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
· Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
· Performs basic level wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment.
· Documents tasks where required, performs labor duties as needed.
· Works on crews as assigned. The technician role can vary between Grout crew, Quality Control, Preassembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top Out, Tensioning and additional crew breakdown as required to successfully construct wind turbines. Management reserves the right to change crew roles and re-assign/re-distribute assignments as necessary to ensure the completion of wind turbine erection on schedule.
· Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g., turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
· Follows defined instructions and erecting schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
· Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting, and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
· Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
· Always demonstrates strong customer focus.
· This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
· Data Entry.
· Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum *one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope, or experience working in a construction related industry.
- *We may waive the one-year experience requirement for those candidates who have a great attitude, are reliable and hardworking, and who have a desire to learn. *
- Must be able to effectively communicate, including oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, as well as various applications (i.e., safety management system).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Completion of the Basic Safety Training Standard through the Global Wind Organization (GWO).
- Completion of Advanced Rescue Training.
- Completion of Enhanced First Aid Training.
- Completion of a Wind Turbine Technician Certification.
- Completion of a Confined Space Entry/Monitor Certificate.
- Comfort working remotely in a wind turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
- Employees will need a strong field of vision including visual depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work at extreme heights, in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform vigorous physical tasks throughout the day.
- This position is a safety sensitive position, you will be required to obtain a negative test result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and further testing may be required throughout your employment to meet various policy or client requirements.
EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
We are extremely proud of our team at EWR. Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, bonus incentives, living out allowance, 100% employer paid benefits, health spending account, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
· Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting the position you are applying for to email@example.com