Location: Alberta & Saskatchewan
We are looking for an engaged and committed individual to lead the production and supervision of EWR’s scope of work on Various Wind Project sites, including the oversight of drivers, operators, technicians, and subcontractors. The Construction Superintendent reports to the Operations Manager. This position will be based out of the Calgary office with travel to the various project’s sites.
· Supervise the overall job-site operation.
· Provide oversight, planning and coordination for all scopes of work. This will include leading the “Plan of the Day” meetings, preparing short term and long-term look-ahead schedules, scheduling work to be performed in accordance with the project schedule requirements, and creating work plans that will ensure maximum efficiency, and a safe work environment.
· Actively monitor and take ownership of the project performance, including safety, quality, expenditures, and make changes as necessary to adhere to project timelines and budget.
· Advise project management of potential problems, work interferences, scheduling difficulties, etc.
· Assist in circumventing / resolving such problems as required.
· Monitor work performance and productivity of field personnel to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
· Provide performance and talent management, including conducting performance evaluations and coaching direct reports.
· Act as a liaison with the project owner/client in a professional and effective manner.
· Assist in planning work schedules, determining field personnel levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
· Plan work to maximize progress in a safe and timely manner.
· Assist in all bid tenders.
· Promote a positive engaging culture; coach, develop and train motivated employees to perform their best each day. Ensure that EWR remains to be the best employer of choice.
· Effectively manage changing priorities, schedules, and processes.
· Coordinate and work with the operations manager to organize subcontractors as required.
· Act as a resource and assist as needed with foremen in managing their crews.
· Complete all required reports and provide them to the operations manager.
· Liaise with other support teams, i.e., procurement, HR, payroll, safety, etc., as required.
· Communicate with maintenance personnel for any maintenance issues and/or damages.
· Collect, review, and approve time sheets.
· Follow all safety regulations.
· Adhere to customer and site rules.
· Assist in maintaining and promoting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety legislation and regulations.
· Conduct field inspections, and assist in the creation of standard operating procedures, and proactively promote a “safety first” culture.
· Ensure that equipment is operated and maintained with maximum efficiency and productivity by initiating corrective action and ensuring operational, maintenance and engineering standards are adhered to.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory construction experience in a field directly related to the position (i.e., civil, structural, electrical, power).
- Must be a highly driven and goal orientated individual.
- Must be able to lead and positively motivate field personnel.
- Must possess a high degree of pride and be able to lead a team to perform up to world class expectations.
· Must be able to perform under pressure and in in environments of rapid change and conflicting, sometimes uncontrollable demands and factors.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledgeable on emergency response plans, safe work procedures, permitting procedures, and safety rules and regulations.
· Knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings, etc.
· Interpersonal Skills.
- Extensive experience managing construction sites with multiple crews.
- Extensive experience in the wind industry.
- Overtime will be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Travel is required for out-of-town work (including remote locations) and may be for extended period.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform vigorous physical tasks throughout the day.
- This position is a safety sensitive position, you will be required to obtain a negative test result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and further testing may be required throughout your employment to meet various policy or client requirements.
EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
We are extremely proud of our team at EWR. Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, bonus incentives, living out allowance, 100% employer paid benefits, health spending account, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org