Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk (AOV) is a privately-owned, independent, multi-disciplined Professional Land Surveying firm based in the Ottawa area, offering clientele a wide range of services in topographic, hydrographic, cadastral, geodetic and engineering surveys. In addition to providing for a full range of land development consulting services, including severances, subdivision design & layouts, and condominiums projects, AOV also plays a key role in creating strata-ownership and easement limits for multi-use developments and the local LRT initiative.
Our employees come to work everyday doing something that they know really matters – they help ensure homes, condos and other new or existing construction are laid out in compliance with designs and drawings and municipal requirements. We also help our clients to understand where their property boundaries are which can lead to keeping the peace between neighbours!
We are looking for a Survey Assistant to join our team in Nepean, ON! The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about spending time outdoors and has strong attention to detail, as you will be collecting various data points for processing. Help us move forward as we continue to be the leader in best practices within our industry.
- Ensuring all equipment required for the work crew is in proper working order and loaded into the work vehicles prior to the work crew setting out for the day
- Be actively involved with the Surveyor (Party Chief) at the end of each day regarding any uploads and number of Survey monuments or any other extra gear that may be needed for the following day’s projects
- As directed by the Surveyor, remove old field files from the data collectors that are no longer required
- Maintain records of field project files in notebooks to ensure that all daily work is downloaded and stored properly at the end of each day
- Complete a Fault Analysis Report for all equipment that is sent out for repairs and give the completed report to the Surveyor
- Maintain accurate records of vehicle conditions for the work crew (i.e. ensuring the safety and cleanliness, checking/logging tire pressure, checking fluids (oil, coolant, windshield washer)
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as per company policies
- Adhere to company Health & Safety Policies
- Maintain conditions (safety and cleanliness) of company vehicles.
Knowledge and Education
- Degree or Diploma in Geomatics or equivalent is considered an asset
- Working at Heights, WHMIS, First-Aid & CPR are all considered to be an asset
Skills and Experience
- Experience operating Robotic Total Stations, GPS Receivers, and/or data collectors is a strong asset
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
- Great attention to detail
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of The Ontario Traffic Manual’s Book 7 (Temporary Conditions)
- 2+ years in a client facing role
Ready to apply?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in the Geomatics industry, submit your resume by Applying for this Job.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk Ltd. is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approachin supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle inaccordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should anyapplicant require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.