Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk (AOV) is a privately-owned, independent, multi-disciplined Professional Land Surveying firm based in the Ottawa area, offering clientele a wide range of services in topographic, hydrographic, cadastral, geodetic and engineering surveys. In addition to providing for a full range of land development consulting services, including severances, subdivision design & layouts, and condominiums projects, AOV also plays a key role in creating strata-ownership and easement limits for multi-use developments and the local LRT initiative.
Our employees come to work everyday doing something that they know really matters – they help ensure homes, condos and other new or existing construction are laid out in compliance with designs and drawings and municipal requirements. We also help our clients to understand where their property boundaries are which can lead to keeping the peace between neighbours!
We are looking for a Land Survey Party Chief who is creative and passionate about spending time outdoors and collecting various data points for processing! Help us move forward as we continue to be the leader in best practices within our industry. We need someone who knows their stuff, keeps learning more stuff and can openly discuss that stuff with other talented people.
- Leads the activities of a field survey crew and instructs in survey techniques
- Responsible for the safety of all parties in a work crew and for the traffic control plan for all work sites
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches of work performed and data secure
- Ensure all field notes are complete for each project
- Ensure resections are completed utilizing multiple backsights and proper geometry
- Obtain redundant measurements on traverse points and ensure all traverse loops are closed
- Ensure proper functioning and use of all company equipment
- Responsible for all company property that is assigned to the survey crew that you are supervising
- Train Survey Assistants on the use of company equipment, survey techniques and company practices
- Accept responsibility/delegation of duties with respect to vehicle maintenance and safety
- Interact with clients to provided details of work to be done or completed
- Reviews existing plans and deeds to survey areas in detail
- Understand the company’s health & safety policies and ensure that each crew member works in a safe manner and with the necessary safety equipment per company policy
Knowledge and Education
- Degree or Diploma in Geomatics, Civil Technology, Survey Engineering Technician or equivalent is preferred
- 1 + years of relevant work experience at the Party Chief level
- WHMIS, Working at Heights and First Aid/CPR is an asset
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5+ years of land surveying experience
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Can mentor and direct junior staff on the various projects
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a client facing role
- Time spent in the field either working as an Survey Assistant or Instrument Person
Ready to Apply?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in the Geomatics industry, submit your resume by Applying for this Job.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk Ltd. is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approachin supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle inaccordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should anyapplicant require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.