Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk (AOV) is a privately-owned, independent, multi-disciplined Professional Land Surveying firm based in the Ottawa area, offering clientele a wide range of services in topographic, hydrographic, cadastral, geodetic and engineering surveys. In addition to providing for a full range of land development consulting services, including severances, subdivision design & layouts, and condominiums projects, AOV also plays a key role in creating strata-ownership and easement limits for multi-use developments and the local LRT initiative.
Our employees come to work everyday doing something that they know really matters – they help ensure homes, condos and other new or existing construction are laid out in compliance with designs and drawings and municipal requirements. We also help our clients to understand where their property boundaries are which can lead to keeping the peace between neighbours!
We are looking for a Draftsperson to join our team! The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about spending time outdoors and has strong attention to detail, as you will be collecting various data points for processing. Help us move forward as we continue to be the leader in best practices within our industry.
- Evaluate field data, formulate preliminary and detailed designs and drawings for various engineering and planning projects using information from field data and existing survey information
- Draw diagrams, profiles, and plans using cross-sections and surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours and structures
- Produce detailed and concise drawings and plans with technical accuracy under the direction of the Project Manager
Knowledge and Education
- Degree or Diploma in a related field such as Geomatics, Engineering, Architectural or equivalent
- Relevant work experience
Skills and Experience
- 1+ year of drafting experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Coordinate Geometry Software. (Experience using MicroSurvey is a strong asset)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather information required to be provided to the field staff on any given project
Ready to apply?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career with AOV, submit your resume by applying for this job.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process
Application deadline: 2022-02-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Annis O’Sullivan Vollebekk Ltd. is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approachin supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment life cycle inaccordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should anyapplicant require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.