HSPP is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machinist. We are looking for someone who has 3-5 years’ experience, working as a CNC Machinist, working with Steel Plate is an asset. We are looking for team players; HSPP works as a team to get our products to our customers. HSPP is an established family-owned and operated company with many long-term employees and a history of supporting and developing our team members.
Role and Responsibilities
· Setup and Operate 3 axis Vertical CNC machines
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints and charts
· Analyze the drawing and program to setup proper tools
· Verify dimensions of the machined part using precision instruments
· Work to close tolerances
· Perform inspections of parts, measure and record key dimensions and fill in QA forms as needed
· Identify and understand different grades of material and proper procedures and precaution for processing
· Maintain and encourage a safe work environment and good housekeeping.
· 3-5 years’ experience as a CNC Machinist
· Experience working with steel plate (variety of steel grades an asset)
· Experience with crane operating is an asset
· Experience with Plasma and Oxy fuel cutting is an asset
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Basic mathematical aptitude
· Experience using various measuring tools and small power tools
· Heavy lifting required up to 50lbs
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to work weekly shift rotation as it is a requirement of the position: The shifts are: 6am -2:30pm and 2:30pm -11:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 2:30pm-8:30pm Friday. The afternoon shift pays a premium of $1.50/hr for regular hours.