Operate overhead crane to move steel plate on and off machine tables, using crane to load and offload skids for transport. Clean and package steel parts in a team-oriented environment, match parts to orders, and put together skids and kits. Make sure customers get the right parts, and the right number of parts, to put together their equipment -- you're the key link before parts get packed up to go out the door. Learn about manufacturing processes, steel processing, safe operating procedures, and start building a foundation to advance in your career.
Reasons to Join High Strength Plates & Profiles Inc.
· Stay physically active and engaged with a flexible, constantly changing, custom job shop order flow.
· Family owned and operated company with many long-term employees and a history of supporting and developing its team members
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate overhead cranes and identify, pick and move material and parts for processing where needed
- Prepare and package steel parts for distribution
- Perform general warehouse duties where required and as instructed.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring tapes, angle finders, micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Prepare and package steel parts/plates for distribution. This can include but not limited to labelling, kitting, color coding, skidding, banding etc. according to given instructions.
- Clean and grind steel parts.
- Load and unload machine tables and stations in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate production lead times as directed.
- At least 3 years of Warehouse experience.
- 2 years Overhead crane experience is required
- Experience working with Steel is an asset and is preferred.
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Required to work weekly shift rotations: 6am-2:30pm and 2:30pm-11:30pm, Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm- 8:30pm Friday, $1.50/hr. premium on the evening shift