Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care (Wiigwas) is a Non-Profit organization formed in 2021 under the leadership of Kenora Chiefs Advisory to own and operate a LTC Home which is culturally responsive to the unique needs of the northern First Nations in Treaty #3 and the local residents of the greater Kenora district. We commenced operations in October of 2021 with the ownership transfer of an older 96 bed Home. Situated with a view of beautiful Lake of the Woods, our Home is the preferred destination of First Nations from Ontario’s northwest and remote communities who require long-term care.
Be part of something big!
We are an innovative, forward thinking, not-for-profit Long-term Care Home in the Heart of Northwestern Ontario, that is working to invest in a Culturally Safe atmosphere and work life balance for all our employees. We are looking for likeminded future team members to Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is seeking to fill our Executive Director position. We are operating our licensed Long-Term Care Home and we have big capital development plans under way for our new 160 bed Home. You will lead the growth and readiness of the dedicated staff team, with the oversight by our non-profit Governing Board of Chiefs from Treaty #3.
The immediate focus is on providing strategic executive level support to the leadership team at the Home and contributing to the well-resourced new build project team. The appointee is responsible for delivering the Fixing LTC Act requirements through the support team including managers, supervisors and front-line staff within the budget and resources available. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
· Meets the eligibility requirements for Certification as an Administrator under the Ontario LTC Act
· Prior direct experience in Long-Term Care operations is preferred
· Experienced at leading an independent non-profit organization
· Successful leadership of multidisciplinary teams
· Sensitivity and ability to integrate indigenous culture and practices in the current and future Home
· Experience in Management in a unionized setting, knowledge of relevant legislation
· Skill at delegating, supporting and monitoring achievement of team activities
· Business Management expertise
· Budget development, management and monitoring
· Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Experience in program development and implementation
· Experience in developing and implementation of policies and procedures
· Oversee the delivery of all Wiigwas services, including the management of Nursing and Medical services, Finance and Business Services, Dietary Services, Activation and Social Work, Building and Grounds Maintenance, Security, Housekeeping and Laundry Services;
· Direct the general administration of Wiigwas by ensuring the provision of all appropriate administrative and support services, availability of resources, property management, safety and security procedures, including oversight of Financial and Business services;
· Provide input into and ensure the implementation of the Strategic Plan, Mission and Vision statements, and values and objectives put forth by the Board of Directors;
· Ensure the implementation and management of best practices in supporting the health, wellness and safety of all residents and staff;
· Direct the Management Team and all staff in the Home to meet designated standards of care, including the achievement of deliverables set out in the Long-Term Care Homes Act as well as regulations and requirements set out in the Quality Inspection System administered by the Compliance Branch of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care;
· Organize internal leadership team meetings to ensure continuity of services, support teamwork, problem solve issues
· Jointly problem solve operations issues with department managers, and where appropriate complete management level tasks related to implementation of same
· Facilitate operations decisions, document and communicate same which fulfill the goals of the Home
· Develop communications for internal and external requirements
· Complete contingency planning (mapping options) for high-risk operations matters
· Support all recruitment activities advising the HR specialist, recommending hiring decisions to managers, fulfill onboarding activities for new hires, resolving issues that arise
· Represent Home management at external meetings e.g., OHN (LHIN) Work Plans for Increasing Occupancy initiative, and bring back plans and suggested solutions for execution
· Provide assistance to staff responsible to complete reports, and/or prepare external reports as required, review with ED, and submit to the agency requiring same
· Policy and procedure support; based on the Extendicare Suite of policies aid the managers in implementation of procedures
· Support of Management team in meeting high priority legislative requirements, through organization of work processes and problem solving of implementation issues
· Support business functions; supply of goods and services, building operations problem solving with the Environmental Services Manager
· Competitive wages, vacation and benefits dependent upon qualifications.
· Relocation cost reimbursement may be available
· This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the creation of a new Home committed to the unique culture and First Nations service spectrum
· Lake of the Woods is a premiere recreational destination serving a wide range of interests and excellent outdoors activities in Ontario’s north
Deadline: May 28th, 2023